What Do You Know About

Guidelines to Reduce exposure from Home Toxins

There are different chemicals that contain toxins, but, because we lack crucial information one can be exposed or come in contact with some of these toxins in your day-to-day life at your home.
According to research there are more than 167 million chemicals that are used on different products and some of them have toxins that are harmful to our health, go through this article to know about some of these toxins and also get information on how you can reduce the exposure.
Phthalates are some of the most common environmental toxins that you are most likely to be exposed to. Some of the sources that can bring Phthalates in your home include vinyl blinds, vinyl flooring, different cleaning products, and even personal care products including perfume, shampoo, and deodorant among others. When one is exposed to Phthalates toxins they can also contribute to developmental abnormalities. For you to be able to reduce this exposure to Phthalates, the first step is to ensure that you read all the labels on the products so that you can make sure that these products are Phthalates-free.
Around the world, the use of Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers is becoming less common, however, they are still popular in some states however it is important to note that PBDEs can expose you to health issues. Some of the problems that are associated with PBDEs include thyroid dysfunction, poor reproductive health, and also it causes poor memory
It is important to research before you can purchase new items and especially the expensive items to ensure that they are Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers free, It is quite stressful if you buy an expensive item that exposed you to toxins and puts your health in danger. Always keep your home clean and also dust-free so that you can reduce the PBDEs that you are exposed to.
VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) are chemicals that can easily be vaporized, and in turn, can bring gas pollutants into your house. Many different compounds are found under VOCs. VOC toxins cause, nose, eye, and also throat irritation. One can develop cancer, get kidney or liver damage. It is important to read labels when buying products to ensure that they are VOC-free however, if it is a must that you bring products that have VOC into your home then you must let them off-gas. When we talk of off-gassing this means that you have to unwrap these products, then let them to air out first so that you can reduce the VOC toxins concentration
One can also be exposed to Dioxins. The incineration of municipal and commercial waste, burning of coal, oil or wood are some of the processes that can expose you to dioxin toxins. There are different issues associated with dioxin exposure, hence for you to avoid exposure to dioxin you need to avoid the burning of any unsafe products in your fireplace, including items like PCP- treated wood, plastics because these are some of the items that contain chlorine.
Molds are associated with different health issues and you must keep your home free of any molds.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *